Cities and Towns in Seminole County
Orlando Area Information
Located in central Florida, you'll find Orlando real estate is in a city that never sleeps. As a resident of Orlando, you will enjoy nearly perfect year round weather, numerous entertainment attractions, upscale dinning, marathon shopping, and diversified parks and recreation events. No matter where you choose to live, Orlando, FL homes for sale are sure to be in a great location surrounded by endless entertainment for families and singles. You can enjoy a short drive to a number of area beaches, as well as take in the many amusement parks, like Disney World, Universal Studios and Sea World, along with the many local water parks for summer fun.
Orlando Metropolitan Entertainment
The Orlando Metropolitan Area is host to an impressive theatre scene. There are several professional and semi-professional houses, as well as many community theaters, including:
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater
- Orlando Repertory Theatre
- Orlando Theatre Project
Disney also hosts two cast theatre companies, S.T.A.G.E. and Encore. Encore is a cast choir and orchestra whose annual charity concerts have raised thousands of dollars for worthy causes.
The University of Central Florida is the home to a well respected Theatre Department, which draws many talented young artists to the area.UCF's Bob Carr Performing Arts Center brings national tours through town on a regular basis. This venue, built in 1926, will be replaced by the Dr. P. Phillips Orlando Performing Arts Center in 2012.
Every spring, local theaters and downtown venues host the Orlando International Fringe Theater Festival, which draws touring companies from all around the world. There are readings and fully staged productions of new and unknown plays by local artists, as well. Also in the spring, The Orlando Shakespeare Theater hosts the Harriett Lake Festival of New Play annual show.
Orlando, FL Extra Amenities
Orlando has a booming economy and has become one of the country's fastest growing retail markets. There are more than 50,000,000 square feet of shopping space and some of the best shopping can be found in:
- The Florida Mall: the largest mall in Orlando and one of the country's largest single-story malls with over 250 stores, seven anchor department stores, and part of the Florida Mall Hotel & Conference Center Tower.
- The Mall at Millenia: a contemporary, upscale two-level shopping mall that houses the famous department stores of Bloomingdale's, Macy's,IKEA Orlando and Neiman Marcus.
- Orlando Fashion Square: located close to Downtown Orlando, this mall features 4 anchor department stores and a 14-screen Premiere Cinema theater.
- Festival Bay Mall: located on International Drive, it is home to stores, a skate park, and a large movie theater.
- Waterford Lakes Town Center: one of the only open-air malls, it features numerous large chain stores, small shops, restaurants, doctor's offices, and the Regal Waterford Lakes Stadium 20 movie theater with 3D and IMAX Digital.
If you are a sports fan looking for Orlando real estate, will be excited to learn of all the sports Orlando hosts:
- Orlando Magic NBA
- Orlando Predators Arena Football
- UCF Knights college athletics teams
Orlando has also been home to several successful minor league sports teams, most of which have won conference titles or championships. You will be able to enjoy minor or professional sport games for just about any sport you enjoy. Walt Disney World also has the Wide World Of Sports, where MLB spring training, as well as games and training events for MLS and NBA take place year round.
Historic Orlando Florida
There are a few stories on the history of how Orlando got its name. One is that the city was named after a soldier, Orlando Acosta, who was one of the first men to be considered "a living weapon".His grave is marked by a memorial beside Lake Eola. Another source for the city's name has a bit more romance to it; supposedly the first settlers were fans of Shakespeare and named the area after the hero in the play 'As You Like It'. There is also a main street in downtown Orlando named Rosalind Ave-after the heroine in the same play.
Whatever type of home you are looking for, you are sure to find it in Orlando. This entertainment rich community with moderate to high priced Orlando homes for sale on the MLS, has something to match any taste or budget. Whatever your reason for moving to Orlando, FL, you will find everything you need in this amazing city. An Orlando, FL Relocation Guide will be a great asset to help you get settled in the area. With our guide, you will have access to more in-depth information about area schools, local attractions, restaurants, and the Orlando, FL home buying process. Request more information about your future home town with the Orlando Area Relocation Guide today. Simply contact us, your expert Orlando real estate agents, to help you get started to find the home of your dreams.